Sunday, August 15, 2010

More of the South: Sumter to Sara(h)land to Houston


Day 10 of ‘merica Road Trip:

I don’t want to say too much about all this because it will probably bore you. We drove and drove and drove through the eastern-southern part of the United States. We took 378 to Colombia then hit I-20 through Atlanta and Birmingham where we hit 59 so that we could hit I-12 which would become I-10 in Baton Rouge which would take us all the way to Houston.

The only thing worth mentioning about this leg of the trip is that my dad told us over and over and over that we’d have perfect weather the whole way home. Hot and sunny. Shouldn’t be a problem. And you know what, it rained for 3 states straight. Mississippi had the worse rain. So much for the Weather Channel. Thank goodness for This American Life podcasts on my ipod to take our minds off the crazy rain that hit us from all sides. The deadly rain did take our minds off being sad from the trip being over but we were both very pensive. We reflected about everything we saw and did.

Amy was not looking forward to going back home while I was looking forward to getting my life back. After being at camp all summer then going on a cross-country road trip, I was ready to start over and do things the way I want to do things. I was going to get another job and make things work in Austin or I was going to leave. I now know more cities I would like or could to live in: New Orleans, Philadelphia, New York City, maybe Nashville, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and Ausitn. We when get to Houston we crash out on the beds.

Read Amy’s post

No comments:

Post a Comment